Friday 24 October 2014

Next Week: Olympic Spirit

I don't normally put fiction on my blog but ahead of the publication of Foxglove Summer I thought I'd put this one up. After assidiously avoiding mention of the London Olympics to avoid dating my books Gollancz asked me to write a short story for the special(1) edition of Rivers of London.

Since I was writing in advance of the actual 2012 Olympics I chose to write something that reflected back to the 'Austerity Olympics' of 1948 and as I researched I came across a particular basketball final that caught my eye...

Anyway the result will up ohe the blog on Monday.

(1) Read cashing in on the Olympics edition.

2 comments:

Evil Edna said...

squeak! want to sound cool but am really looking forward to reading it..... please insert cool comment below!EE

Dave Heasman said...

I read this in Waterstones and was pleased you set it in my manor - the old Harringay Stadium, stamping ground of Billy Graham and Split Waterman. But dodgy editing - Green Lanes bacame Green Park a couple of times, to mutual detriment.