Monday 7 May 2012

Fol-der-o diddle-o-day


This song is based stolen from Steeleye Span - the original can be found here.

As I was going to Downing Street all on election day.
A pretty little Liberal girl I met upon the way.
Her business was for canvassing with policies for the fray.
And we both jogged on together my boys fol-der-o diddle-o-day x2

As we jogged on together my boys together side by side
By chance this election's voting by chance it came out tied
For fear that I might lose it I unto her did say.
I'd like to give you a cabinet post fol-der-o diddle-o-day X2

As we negotiated terms my boy on the outskirts of the town.
At length this fair young damsel she stopped and looked around.
O since you want it badly enough give a shot at PR to me.
I will if you come to the rose garden with me fol-der-o diddle-o-day x2

And when we got to the rose garden the media were out in force.
I joined this girl on the podium and charted a middle course.
The wailing of the labourites such a sight I never did see.
And we both jogged on together my boys fol-der-o diddle-o-day x2

Oh since you've had your will with me come tell to me your name
Likewise your occupation and where and whence you came.
My name is David the Eton Boy from Newbury Town come I
And I live with the boys of the Bullingden Club fol-der-o diddle-o-day x2

And when she got to government her policies were not sold.
And the losing of electoral reform it made her blood run cold.
It's gone, it's gone, it's gone, she cried, I'm stuck with austerity now.
For he lives with the boys of the Bullingden club fol-der-o diddle-o-day x2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Folk Police! Put thy lute down Sirrah, and nobody will get hurt (too badly).