Tips for fat people.
5) I really mean it about the chocolate and sweets.
1) Blame, guilt, shame - none of these are helpful.
|These women would be considered too porky for a lead TV role!|
2. There are health problems associated with being fat, Type 2 diabetes, an increased risk of this that and the other and you become more attractive to members of the big cat family(2). If you are fat than you will probably face some of these problems and you need to factor that into your decision. However nobody I know has ever scared themselves thin.
3. It's unfair but the food industry is working really hard to make you as fat as possible. Most of easily available tasty stuff is hideously fatty, sugary and god-knows-what-elsey. I hope this will change one day but until it does you should behave as if the food industry has embarked on a conspiracy to make you morbidly obese. They haven't of course, you're far to insignificant for that, but the behavioural outcome is the same.
4. Eat less overall. Eat fruit and vegetables. Avoid chocolate and sweets.
5. Do some exercise - even if it's just half an hour's walk each day.
6. Did I mention that you need to eat less food? Right - moving on.
7. Find what works for you - stick to it.
8. Do not try to hive off responsibility for monitoring your food or weight to other people. You're going to have to be doing this for the rest of your life so you have to take responsibility for it yourself. Besides are you a grown up or not?
9. Human beings live complicated interconnected lives and we cannot control a great deal of what happens to us but sure as fuck most of us can control what gets put in our mouth. Take control of your life, if you want to be fatter eat more, if you want to be less fat then eat less.
10. Everybody knows all this really - it's just a bugger to put into practise.
(1) By the way if none of this applies to you - you're either not fat or are living in such an enviable state of cosmic bliss that I wouldn't want you to change on my behalf.
(2) As food dummy.