This is what I told them. None of it's particularly original but hey it's not like you're paying for this stuff.
1. You Must Make Time To Write
2. You Must Complete What You Start
3. You Must Become The Arbiter Of Your Own Work
4. Your Must Experience The Wider World
I could probably bang on about all these subjects for many more pages but there's paid work I'm supposed to be doing so that's your lot.
(1) The other subjects are; shelving, watching TV and... nope that's pretty much it.
(2) Obviously this applies mainly to people living a 1st world lifestyle.
(3) Or a diving board.
(4) Unless you want to win the Man Booker of course.
(5) I don't know about you guys but if I found my life interesting I wouldn't be writing about other people.