Monday, 19 November 2012
The Next Big Thing
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
From the real life scandal during the 1980s when Tesco heiress and uber-grifter Dame Shirley Porter deliberately housed poor families in asbestos ridden blocks of flats as part of her criminal plot to rig the local elections.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Well I call it a Crime/SFF hybrid but Urban Fantasy fits.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I have a whole Fantasy Casting page.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Architecture can be murder.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
No the book will be distributed by bananas.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
It's not quite finished yet - nearly there.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I like to think that my books are
incompatible incomprehensible incomplete incomparable!
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I can't stop writing them now. It's too late for me but it might not be too late for you. Save yourself! Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family...
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
Come the zombie apocalypse it will make a useful source of firelighting material. Unless you get the eBook version of course - in which case you're screwed.